The nationwide Campaign for Environmental Education is realized by Birds of Poland Association.
What is Be4Birds! for?
We would like you to really notice the world around you and all the creatures that share our planet. After all, we have so much in common. Just like us, they have lives full of work and adversity of every day matters, but also of the true love and passion. We have already noticed this and we love it. We now want to share this experience and fascination with you.
We will also discuss problems. Sadly, the biggest ones always have their origins in humans. However, there’s also the good news! If we are the cause of their problems this means we can solve them either.
The purpose of the Be4Birds! campaign is to provide you with factual information to increase your knowledge. We will teach and entertain. We are inviting you to join this fun and creative initiative, because it’s time to take responsibility: Be4Birds! Before it’s too late…
Although, the main topic of this campaign and the link that binds everything in one is everything relating to birds and protection of their living space (habitats), we will also discuss more general issues relating to our environment. All in all, the information about the campaign including media coverage, events and all activities is available all in one place, on our Be4Birds! website where you can find the Be4Birds! Garden and the Be4Birds! School.
Please join the exclusive Club of Birds of Poland and take part in our Be4Birds! competitions!
Our aim is to influence people’s attitude towards birds and the environment, stemming from the game of words ‘BE’ + ‘4’ and ‘BIRDS’ which might lead to the positive perception of birds, i.e. BIRDS ARE OK, YES TO BIRDS,-and thus for the entire nature and bio-diversity and the idea of its protection.
The most important targets of the Be4Birds! campaign are:
- To provide you with factual information about the Polish environment, in a friendly and interesting manner, at the same time making sure that information is most reliable and meets all ethical standards.
- To create a friendly and fully reliable database as well as a source of information relating to nature protection/biodiversity by creating the Be4Birds website www.jestemnapTAK.pl. (Obviously, a special space is devoted to protection of birds and their habitats).
- To promote values of Nature and wildlife conservation.
- To promote and build environmental attitudes and behaviours by Being4Birds!, i.e. being respectful and responsible for nature conservation and also by being open to environment conservation initiatives.
- To show and promote how amazing nature is (especially birds), to attract peoples’ attention to this socially important topic and inspire them to engage in their natural environment.
- To build a social communication and understanding platform where people can engage and work together to make Be4Birds! campaign successful by close cooperation of positive role models, organizations and ordinary people.
- To create conditions for personal development and social integration focused around protection of environment / biodiversity (especially birds). Having fun is part of the process.
- It is envisaged that the Be4Birds! campaign will create a snowball effect, which will maximize the campaign’s scope as well as its effectiveness that will last longer than the project itself.
Currently, the third stage of the Be4Birds! campaign - the Nationwide Campaign for Environmental Education - is being implemented and it covers the period between March 2014 and April 2016. It is being implemented with support from the Operational Programme, Financial Mechanism of EEA for the period 2009-2014, “Protection of the biological diversity and ecosystems” .
The second stage of the Be4Birds! campaign-the Nationwide Campaign for Environmental Education conducted from January 2012 to June 2013 was implemented with support from the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management under the 154/2012/Wn50/EE-EE/D agreement as of 13th
March 2012. The campaign was sponsored by AMS.
The first edition of Be4Birds! campaign was implemented with support from the Honorary Patronage of the Minister of the Environment and it was conducted from October 2009 to December 2011. It was co-funded by the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management under the 525/2009/Win50/EE-EE/D agreement of 19th
October 2009. The campaign was sponsored by AMS.